About Our Parish
The Norwich Orthodox Community was founded in the 1890’s by Greek immigrants coming to this country with high hopes and dreams of health, wealth and happiness. At this time in history, the Norwich area was a large textile manufacturing area of the New England states. Most of our new Greek citizens were employed by them.
As the Greek Community grew, many of these citizens decided to start their own businesses, such as restaurants, candy kitchens, bakeries and soda shops.
As the Greek community grew, there came a need to have a church established. The first Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox church was housed in the former Buckingham Chapel at 140 Boswell Avenue in Norwich. As the years went by and the community outgrew the Boswell Avenue location, the parishioners established a building committee and began a fund raising campaign to purchase land and start construction on their new church to be located at 247 Washington Street a few miles away from the Boswell Avenue church.
All the hard work by the parishioners and volunteers paid off and, on April 7, 1974, we were blessed to have Archbishop Iakovos dedicate and open the doors of the church to a new generation of worshippers.
The Holy Protection of the Theotokos; Holy Martyrs Terrence and Eunice; Our Righteous Father Steven the Sabbaite; Arsenios and Athanasios of Androusa in Messenia, Patriarchs of Constantinople; Angelis, Manuel, George, & Nicholas, New Martyrs of Crete; Rostislav, the Great Illumined Duke of Moravia
The Church services have returned.
Please click this link to RSVP or the calendar on the slider to RSVP to the services you wish to attend or call Fr D at (609) 309-1707.
We are exercising Universal Precautions. Please always wear a mask, wash or sanitize hands, maintain social distancing, and follow all CDC/Local health guidelines.